The internet opens up the entire world to you as your potential customers. But if you are targeting towards a local audience, it makes no sense in concentrating on the global reach, when the actual potential customers are located in your city. For most local businesses getting a global reach is absolute waste of resources; rather they should concentrate more on how to get local traffic for your website. When the web is global and Google does not categorize the sites according to the location, you must be wondering how you can go local with your SEO. Well, there are ways to it.
Read Below to learn more:
- The first trick for how to get local traffic for your website is to use you specific location in your keywords. For instance, if you are a car dealer or Auto Loan company in New York, so your main key phrase should be “Car dealer New York” & “Car Loan in New York”
- Make Your Site Geo Targeted by Using Google webmasters tools.
- Using the location in the Meta tags together with the keywords can matter most in search engine to categorize you according to your Business location.
- Another important strategy to get local traffic for your website is to use the location name in the body of your content. This automatically comes if the location is a part of your main keyword.
- Create back links with the location in the anchor text. While this can be tricky in getting organic links, you can use this in the Name field to comment in the blogs.
- Submit your website to Yahoo Local or Google Places and Submit About Your Business Website in classified sites & yellow pages to get yourself listed for a particular location.
- A great tip on how to get local traffic for your website is to get your website or blog included in the local search engines and web directories.
- The option of paid advertising is also a good option for increasing the local traffic to your website. Options like Google Ad-words are good means to go about the mission.
- The next option can be to make the site as friendly as ever with respect to local needs. For this, the ideal option would be to have the address present on all the pages of the company website.
- Next you can also submit the company website to various types of directories (local) like for e.g. the Google-Local, MSN-Local, Yahoo-Local, Ask-Local, etc.
- By creating various kinds of profiles on networking sites are also good option for increasing local traffic to one’s website. Using social media and running various local ads can also help you in targeting the local audience better.
- Last but not the least, comes the offline-marketing tactics and strategies which are essential. One should never neglect the same. Ensure that the company’s website details, contact number, URL, as well as business-cards etc are promoted in the right manner. These are some of the basics of SEO and should never be compromised with.
Read This One Also :-